JagLax News & Updates: Catch up on all the latest events and information for Bloomington Jefferson Boys Lacrosse.
SIGN UP FOR SUMMER LEAGUE!
Summer League is on and Jefferson is creating a combined team with Kennedy. If you are interested in joining or if you already emailed Coach Cater and have made a commitment to play this summer please register by paying the $35 "Summer League" Fee online in the LACROSSE PAYMENTS Box on our website's home page.
Further details in regard to finalized times and dates will be coming soon. Almost all the games are played on Wednesday nights and will be coached by Grant Skophammer.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact Coach Cater at: email@example.com
2018 TEAM BANQUET DETIALS
You are invited to the Jefferson Boy's lacrosse end of the year banquet which will take place at Bush Lake Shelter #3 on June 19th, starting at 6:00 PM. Please mark your calendars!
Please Bring the Following Items for the Banquet:
- SENIORS: 1 dozen Hamburger Patties & Buns (CUT)
- JUNIORS: 1 dozen Brats & Buns (CUT)
- SOPHOMORES: Salads, fresh fruit, or veggies (20 servings each) Please provide utensils
- FRESHMEN: Desserts (2-3 dozen each)
- 8TH GRADERS: 6-8 Pack of Sports Drinks
Please bring meat to shelter by 4:45. Everything else needs to arrive by 5:45 so we can start serving at 6:00.
If you have any questions, please contact Kristine Ritchie at (612) 418-7355 or KRITCHIE3@COMCAST.NET
Bloomington Lax: Lace Up for a Cure!
On Tuesday, May 8, Jefferson and Kennedy Boys Lacrosse Teams will come together to highlight Breat Cancer Awareness by lacing up their left shoes with pink laces.Click to Donate to the Komen Foundation as part of Team B-Town Laces
As you may or may not be aware, the history of lacrosse goes back hundreds of years to Native Tribes here in the MidWest. It was a game played to bring communities together and to heal rifts that had developed among members of neighboring tribes. As we go back to the roots of the game, we revive this spirit of healing and community, using our skills as lacrosse players to do some good.
It is with this in mind that all of our Bloomington boys plan to “Lace Up for Breast Cancer” at the JV and Varsity games and raise money for the Susan B. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.
According to the Komen foundation, breast cancer will affect 266,100 women and 2550 men in 2018. Our Bloomington lacrosse community’s very own Cinda Norberg is one of these women.
As many of you know, Cinda has been instrumental in BYLA, in development of Bear Cubs as well as serving on the BYLA Board. Cinda then moved right along with her children serving on both the Boys and Girls Jefferson High School Lacrosse Booster Boards. Finally, Cinda was the brains and the muscle behind the spring “Fun” Raiser that Jefferson families enjoy so much each year. Without Cinda, our Bloomington lacrosse programs would not be where they are today.
Pink buckets will be at the game for donations to support the Komen Foundation, or if you are unable to attend, please consider an online donation by clicking the link below to take you to the “B-Town Laces” Team on the Susan G. Komen Foundation website.
Click to Donate to the Komen Foundation as part of Team B-Town Laces
REGISTER FOR JAGLAX SUMMER CAMP TODAY!
Jaglax Players and Parents- Now is the time to sign up for Jaglax Summer Camp! These 3 days together are just for Jefferson players which make it a unique camp experience this summer. We will work on Jefferson ONLY lacrosse systems and sets. JULY 17-18-19 at Jefferson TURF.
We have the following players already registered - so if you don't see your name on this list below, sign up now, as the price goes up after May 10th.
Print and fill out the form and bring check to Coach Cater in C107 or mail as instructed on the form. Do NOT pay for camp online as this does not go through the booster club.
REGISTERED ALREADY - Seth B, Eli C, Ethan C, Nolan C, Ben E, Charlie G, Nick H, Zach J, Will K, Tommy M, Jake M, Aydan R, Max R, Parker R, Sam W, Matt Z.
Thanks and look forward to working with your sons at this camp this summer. GO JAGS!
Click to download - 2018 Summer Camp Form
SPRING PAC MEETING RECAP
The PAC Meeting took place on Thursday, April 5th. Below is a brief list of items to review if you missed the meeting or if you are looking for a recap:
- Review Coach Cater's PAC Presentation which has important information about player expectations, School resources for Trainers, P.T., & JagPower, Online Resources (I.e. TeamSnap, HUDL, Twitter, JeffersonBoysLacrosse.com. etc.)
- Dan Knutsen from the Booster Club rolled out the Spring Mulch Fundraiser. The Mulch Fundraiser is a REQUIRED FUNDRAISER that kicked off at Thursday's meeting. Players are required to sell and deliver at least 50 bags of mulch or buyout. Sales must be completed Order forms are due April 27th and Mulch delivery will be May 5-6. Review the "Mulch Fundraiser Info Sheet" and "Sales Tracker" attached for details. If you have more questions or would like some mulch samples contact Dan Knutsen at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nancy Lowe from the Booster Club walked through General Team Fundrasing including the upcoming Chipotle Night (April 14th), the Parent FUN-Raiser Party (April 28th), and some additional ways you can help raise money for Jefferson Boys Lacrosse if you shop on ShutterFly or Amazon.
- If you would like to find a way to reduce or eliminate your individual Booster Club Fees you can contact Booster Club Member Bonnie Beery about our Shop with Scrip Program at email@example.com or you can get more info on the JagLax website under the "Scrip" tab.
SIGN UP FOR SCRIP & SAVE ON YOUR FEES!
Want to save a ton of money on your booster club fees? Saving is simple when you sign up for Show with Scrip. Scrip is an easy way for you to do personal fundraising to cover lacrosse costs when buying the things you purhcase everyday. A complete explaination can be found on our SHOP WITH SCRIP tab in the main menu. If you shop at stores like Target, Walmart, Cub Foods, Lowes, Best Buy, American Eagle, Nike, The Home Depot, Amazon and more... don't wait to sign up. Start earning rebates today!
Still not convinced? Talk to a Booster Club memeber who can give you a great testamonial about the savings they have received. Bonnie Beery, Kristine Opping, Gayle or Doug Jacobs, Michelle Vipond and Kara Zielinski are all ready to share their stories.