JagLax News & Updates: Catch up on all the latest events and information for Bloomington Jefferson Boys Lacrosse.
PARENT "FUN-RAISER" APRIL 28th
Mark your calendars now and save the date for our 5th annual JagLax Parent “Fun" Raiser!!! The event will take place on Saturday, April 28th from 7:00 pm to midnight at Nativity Catholic Church (9900 Lyndale Ave S, Bloomington MN 55420).
This parent event serves many purposes. It raises funds for the boys and girls JagLax programs, allows parents to win great prizes, builds a closer JagLax community, and lets parents relax and have fun together for an evening! We are currently looking for help party planning and gathering donations from player families and corporate sponsors. If you are able to help out please contact Nancy Lowe at email@example.com .
SPRING PAC MEETING RECAP
The PAC Meeting took place on Thursday, April 5th. Below is a brief list of items to review if you missed the meeting or if you are looking for a recap:
- Review Coach Cater's PAC Presentation which has important information about player expectations, School resources for Trainers, P.T., & JagPower, Online Resources (I.e. TeamSnap, HUDL, Twitter, JeffersonBoysLacrosse.com. etc.)
- Dan Knutsen from the Booster Club rolled out the Spring Mulch Fundraiser. The Mulch Fundraiser is a REQUIRED FUNDRAISER that kicked off at Thursday's meeting. Players are required to sell and deliver at least 50 bags of mulch or buyout. Sales must be completed Order forms are due April 27th and Mulch delivery will be May 5-6. Review the "Mulch Fundraiser Info Sheet" and "Sales Tracker" attached for details. If you have more questions or would like some mulch samples contact Dan Knutsen at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nancy Lowe from the Booster Club walked through General Team Fundrasing including the upcoming Chipotle Night (April 14th), the Parent FUN-Raiser Party (April 28th), and some additional ways you can help raise money for Jefferson Boys Lacrosse if you shop on ShutterFly or Amazon.
- If you would like to find a way to reduce or eliminate your individual Booster Club Fees you can contact Booster Club Member Bonnie Beery about our Shop with Scrip Program at email@example.com or you can get more info on the JagLax website under the "Scrip" tab.
SPRING REGISTRATION INFO!!!
The following information is from the Player/Coach meeting on February 28: IMPORTANT! Download and review/conplete the three (3) files linked at the bottom of this article as they include all of the pertinent information to:
- Complete your players registration
- Pay your spring booster club fee
- Review tryout and other important dates
- Register for JagLax Summer Camp
Forms and money are due FRIDAY, MARCH 9th. Also be sure to register with for “Jefferson Activities” online. (Note that you will need a current MSHSL sports qualifying physical registered with the school in order to do this) The link for Jefferson Activities registration is as follows: https://jhs.bloomington.k12.mn.us/node/3116904
JEFFERSON SPRING ACTIVITIES NOW OPEN
Starting on Tuesday, January 23rd, the Jefferson Activities Department along with all 3 Middle Schools (Oak Grove, Olson, Valley View) will be opening online registration for spring sports and activities.
Additionally Coach Cater will meet with the 9th-12th graders at school during the second half of Advisory on Wednesday, February 28. At that time he will go over some information about the season and hand out additional forms that are lacrosse-specific and ask that parents make their second booster club payment for 2018. Note to 8th grade families, forms will be distributed to your players by either Greg Gilbert (Olson) or Todd Walsh (Oak Grove) and parents will be emailed the information from the meeting as well.
Please remember that your athlete must have a valid, current sports physical form on file with the school district in order to participate in high school sports. Sports physicals are valid for 3 years. Please contact Stephanie Kasel at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about Jefferson registration.
SIGN UP FOR SCRIP & SAVE ON YOUR FEES!
Want to save a ton of money on your booster club fees? Saving is simple when you sign up for Show with Scrip. Scrip is an easy way for you to do personal fundraising to cover lacrosse costs when buying the things you purhcase everyday. A complete explaination can be found on our SHOP WITH SCRIP tab in the main menu. If you shop at stores like Target, Walmart, Cub Foods, Lowes, Best Buy, American Eagle, Nike, The Home Depot, Amazon and more... don't wait to sign up. Start earning rebates today!
Still not convinced? Talk to a Booster Club memeber who can give you a great testamonial about the savings they have received. Bonnie Beery, Kristine Opping, Gayle or Doug Jacobs, Michelle Vipond and Kara Zielinski are all ready to share their stories.