JagLax News & Updates: Catch up on all the latest events and information for Bloomington Jefferson Boys Lacrosse.
Bloomington Lax: Lace Up for a Cure!
On Tuesday, May 8, Jefferson and Kennedy Boys Lacrosse Teams will come together to highlight Breat Cancer Awareness by lacing up their left shoes with pink laces.Click to Donate to the Komen Foundation as part of Team B-Town Laces
As you may or may not be aware, the history of lacrosse goes back hundreds of years to Native Tribes here in the MidWest. It was a game played to bring communities together and to heal rifts that had developed among members of neighboring tribes. As we go back to the roots of the game, we revive this spirit of healing and community, using our skills as lacrosse players to do some good.
It is with this in mind that all of our Bloomington boys plan to “Lace Up for Breast Cancer” at the JV and Varsity games and raise money for the Susan B. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.
According to the Komen foundation, breast cancer will affect 266,100 women and 2550 men in 2018. Our Bloomington lacrosse community’s very own Cinda Norberg is one of these women.
As many of you know, Cinda has been instrumental in BYLA, in development of Bear Cubs as well as serving on the BYLA Board. Cinda then moved right along with her children serving on both the Boys and Girls Jefferson High School Lacrosse Booster Boards. Finally, Cinda was the brains and the muscle behind the spring “Fun” Raiser that Jefferson families enjoy so much each year. Without Cinda, our Bloomington lacrosse programs would not be where they are today.
Pink buckets will be at the game for donations to support the Komen Foundation, or if you are unable to attend, please consider an online donation by clicking the link below to take you to the “B-Town Laces” Team on the Susan G. Komen Foundation website.
Click to Donate to the Komen Foundation as part of Team B-Town Laces
REGISTER FOR JAGLAX SUMMER CAMP TODAY!
Jaglax Players and Parents- Now is the time to sign up for Jaglax Summer Camp! These 3 days together are just for Jefferson players which make it a unique camp experience this summer. We will work on Jefferson ONLY lacrosse systems and sets. JULY 17-18-19 at Jefferson TURF.
We have the following players already registered - so if you don't see your name on this list below, sign up now, as the price goes up after May 10th.
Print and fill out the form and bring check to Coach Cater in C107 or mail as instructed on the form. Do NOT pay for camp online as this does not go through the booster club.
REGISTERED ALREADY - Seth B, Eli C, Ethan C, Nolan C, Ben E, Charlie G, Nick H, Zach J, Will K, Tommy M, Jake M, Aydan R, Max R, Parker R, Sam W, Matt Z.
Thanks and look forward to working with your sons at this camp this summer. GO JAGS!
Click to download - 2018 Summer Camp Form
MULCH DELIVERY DETAILS
It is time to deliver our mulch orders. Thank you to all who have participated.
HERE ARE THE MULCH PICK UP/DELIVERY DETAILS:
- Pick up at 6100 Northwood Ridge, Bloomington MN (NOTE: This is a new location from previous years and is a private residence!)
- Saturday, May 5 from 10 AM - 3 PM
- Sunday, May 6 from 9 AM - 12 PM
- We have your order forms to give back to you to help with delivery.
- JagLax families are responsible for delivering the mulch to people who placed orders with them (no spreading mulch… just delivery)
SPRING PAC MEETING RECAP
The PAC Meeting took place on Thursday, April 5th. Below is a brief list of items to review if you missed the meeting or if you are looking for a recap:
- Review Coach Cater's PAC Presentation which has important information about player expectations, School resources for Trainers, P.T., & JagPower, Online Resources (I.e. TeamSnap, HUDL, Twitter, JeffersonBoysLacrosse.com. etc.)
- Dan Knutsen from the Booster Club rolled out the Spring Mulch Fundraiser. The Mulch Fundraiser is a REQUIRED FUNDRAISER that kicked off at Thursday's meeting. Players are required to sell and deliver at least 50 bags of mulch or buyout. Sales must be completed Order forms are due April 27th and Mulch delivery will be May 5-6. Review the "Mulch Fundraiser Info Sheet" and "Sales Tracker" attached for details. If you have more questions or would like some mulch samples contact Dan Knutsen at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nancy Lowe from the Booster Club walked through General Team Fundrasing including the upcoming Chipotle Night (April 14th), the Parent FUN-Raiser Party (April 28th), and some additional ways you can help raise money for Jefferson Boys Lacrosse if you shop on ShutterFly or Amazon.
- If you would like to find a way to reduce or eliminate your individual Booster Club Fees you can contact Booster Club Member Bonnie Beery about our Shop with Scrip Program at email@example.com or you can get more info on the JagLax website under the "Scrip" tab.
SPRING REGISTRATION INFO!!!
The following information is from the Player/Coach meeting on February 28: IMPORTANT! Download and review/conplete the three (3) files linked at the bottom of this article as they include all of the pertinent information to:
- Complete your players registration
- Pay your spring booster club fee
- Review tryout and other important dates
- Register for JagLax Summer Camp
Forms and money are due FRIDAY, MARCH 9th. Also be sure to register with for “Jefferson Activities” online. (Note that you will need a current MSHSL sports qualifying physical registered with the school in order to do this) The link for Jefferson Activities registration is as follows: https://jhs.bloomington.k12.mn.us/node/3116904
JEFFERSON SPRING ACTIVITIES NOW OPEN
Starting on Tuesday, January 23rd, the Jefferson Activities Department along with all 3 Middle Schools (Oak Grove, Olson, Valley View) will be opening online registration for spring sports and activities.
Additionally Coach Cater will meet with the 9th-12th graders at school during the second half of Advisory on Wednesday, February 28. At that time he will go over some information about the season and hand out additional forms that are lacrosse-specific and ask that parents make their second booster club payment for 2018. Note to 8th grade families, forms will be distributed to your players by either Greg Gilbert (Olson) or Todd Walsh (Oak Grove) and parents will be emailed the information from the meeting as well.
Please remember that your athlete must have a valid, current sports physical form on file with the school district in order to participate in high school sports. Sports physicals are valid for 3 years. Please contact Stephanie Kasel at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about Jefferson registration.
SIGN UP FOR SCRIP & SAVE ON YOUR FEES!
Want to save a ton of money on your booster club fees? Saving is simple when you sign up for Show with Scrip. Scrip is an easy way for you to do personal fundraising to cover lacrosse costs when buying the things you purhcase everyday. A complete explaination can be found on our SHOP WITH SCRIP tab in the main menu. If you shop at stores like Target, Walmart, Cub Foods, Lowes, Best Buy, American Eagle, Nike, The Home Depot, Amazon and more... don't wait to sign up. Start earning rebates today!
Still not convinced? Talk to a Booster Club memeber who can give you a great testamonial about the savings they have received. Bonnie Beery, Kristine Opping, Gayle or Doug Jacobs, Michelle Vipond and Kara Zielinski are all ready to share their stories.